The goal of the 2017 Best of ASCO Meetings is to foster communication among oncology-related subspecialties and the exchange of a wide range of ideas related to cancer. ASCO’s objectives are to advance the education of physicians and other professionals caring for patients with cancer, to support the development of clinical cancer researchers, and to facilitate the delivery of high-quality health care to patients with cancer. The 2017 Best of ASCO Meetings are designed to serve the respective interests of the society’s multidisciplinary membership, with education focused on medical, surgical, and radiation oncology.
2017 Best of ASCO General Accreditation Information
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Clinical Oncology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Society of Clinical Oncology designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Association of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 14.5 Category 1 credits for completing this activity.
All other attendees are welcome to submit a request for a Certificate of Participation, through the submission process, which may enable nonphysicians to apply their participation toward re-licensure. Please note, however, that all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
The Best of ASCO Meetings are designed for U.S. and international physicians and researchers involved in multidisciplinary clinical cancer care including, but not limited to medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists; pathologists; radiologists; and other translational-oriented laboratory scientists.
The Best of ASCO Meetings are designed for the oncology team; credit is offered for physicians, but all are encouraged to participate as they may be able to apply for credit through their own licensing organization.
Upon participation in this activity, attendees will be able to
- Examine scientific advances that further enhance knowledge of cancer biology and pathogenesis
- Incorporate knowledge gained pertaining to advances in clinical cancer research into innovative management strategies and trail designs to improve patient outcomes
- Collaborate across different specialties and with all members of the patient care team to provide the most effective treatment for patients with cancer
- Review recent and emerging data from key studies in clinical cancer research
- Evaluate the role of new diagnostic techniques and therapeutic approaches as applied to the care and management of people with cancer
- Implement clinical and scientific strategies designed to improve the quality of cancer care, as appropriate
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and with patients regarding advances in clinical oncology science
- Identify and utilize tools for cancer risk assessment and risk reduction based on the best available evidence
Attendees can log in to the CE Portal to access any of the following certificates after noting their participation:
- Continuing Medical Education Certificate – available for physicians who would like to receive CME credits for their participation at the Meeting
- Certificate of Participation – all other attendees may request a Certificate of Participation after recording their session participation. Please note that all final decisions regarding certificate acceptance toward any licensure requirements will be made by the licensing organization to which the certificate is submitted.
- Certificate of Attendance – Attendees can download a Certificate of Attendance from the Attendee Resource Center if they need a record of their attendance at the Meeting but do not require documentation for continuing education purposes. Please note that this certificate does not award any continuing education credits.
For instructions on how to claim credit and access certificates, please see the ‘Meeting Feedback and Credit Claim Instructions’ section.
Meeting Feedback and Credit Claim Instructions
Every participant is encouraged to submit a Meeting Feedback Form, provide session ratings, and access certificates for the Conference through the CE Portal. Your feedback is utilized by leadership to enhance programs, develop new initiatives, gauge educational impact, and plan for future meetings.
- To provide feedback on a specific session
- Log in to the CE Portal
- Select a session by searching by time or track
- Select “Rate This Session” to submit feedback on each session you attend
- To access certificates and claim credit
- Log in to the CE Portal using your ASCO.org username and password
- Select a session by searching by time or keyword
- Select “Claim More Credits” to claim CME credits and access your certificate
- To give overall feedback on the meeting
- Submit a Meeting Feedback Form
To receive ABIM MOC points, participants must submit their Meeting Feedback Form, available in the CE Portal, and claim their CME credits for the Meeting by August 17, 2017. Once both of these steps are complete, ASCO will transmit all information to ABIM on the participant’s behalf.
Unlabelled Usage Statement
The information presented is that of the contributing faculty and presenters and does not necessarily represent the views of the Meeting Cosponsors and/or any named company or organization providing financial support. Specific therapies discussed may not be approved and/or specified for use as indicated by the faculty or presenters. Therefore, before presenting any medication, please review the complete prescribing information including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse effects.
ASCO and the Conquer Cancer Foundation gratefully acknowledge the following companies for their support of the 2017 Best of ASCO Meetings: